i-Snipe Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
i-Snipe Menu
Ads by Project Wonderful
Latest topics
» Chad [Clan Leader Introduction]
How to confirm a hacker. Icon_minitimeby CocaMakoca Sat May 14, 2016 2:24 pm

How to confirm a hacker. Icon_minitimeby CocaMakoca Sat May 14, 2016 2:22 pm

» Work From Your Car With the Ford Workstation Available at the Houston Ford Dealership
How to confirm a hacker. Icon_minitimeby {iS}M|Jeremy' Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:58 am

» Last breath
How to confirm a hacker. Icon_minitimeby Chad Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:08 pm

» wtf then is going on?
How to confirm a hacker. Icon_minitimeby {iS}A|ArcHie<3 Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:56 am

» OpTiC's App
How to confirm a hacker. Icon_minitimeby Chad Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:04 am

» he leaves again..
How to confirm a hacker. Icon_minitimeby {iS}L|Kakashi Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:25 am

» Kitsune A.k.a. SirBob xD a.k.a. SirPikachu
How to confirm a hacker. Icon_minitimeby {iS}L|Kakashi Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:26 am

» please donate..
How to confirm a hacker. Icon_minitimeby {iS}Wiiked Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:00 pm

SERVERS

How to confirm a hacker.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mudkipz|FM

Mudkipz|FM

How to confirm a hacker. Empty
PostSubject: How to confirm a hacker.   How to confirm a hacker. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:52 pm

So we all know that many hackers that have hid well know how to talk real smooth. Well I've got news, there is always a way to catch hackers, and to confirm if someone is really a hacker even if they don't have bans! Almost always you can take a GUID to either www.pbbans.com and on the sidebar on the bottom right you can insert the GUID you get from rcon and search for bans. This is the easiest way to catch one HOWEVER, there are some Do's and Don't's.

Do: Search the GUID of the player aswell as give an admin the GUID for a global ban.

DONT: Announce that you think they are hacking nor say anything of the sort while in the server. Even if they do have a ban by www.pbbans.com it doesn't mean that that person was really "hacking".

Here is some proof that pbbans isn't always flawless: In my old clan KzN, we had very skilled members who could make custom crosshairs and make custom weapon skins! We all know that those are not hacks BUT pbbans does not see it that way. A member of our clan was banned because he used a custom crosshair made by a member and they called it a Crosshair hack. The reason why they call it a hack is because most hacks, if not all, come with a custom crosshair thingy that can modify your crosshair in-game. This leads people to believe that players that are good + a custom crosshair = hacker. This is not always true as I have a custom crosshair(i've had many lol's because for some reason, it won't go away and it SUCKS compared to the stock crosshair lol but I've learned to deal with it Very Happy. The only way I can get rid of it is with a reinstall but that would ruin all my gold weapons and such so I can't Sad ). Anyways, when you search the player it will give you a violation number, google this number and most of the hacking forums will have posts talking about PB detecting the hack, therefore you can confirm that the player is using that hack.

A big misconception: PB does NOT detect most hacks. This is because the algorithms PB uses to find hacks cannot be applied to all hacks, the only hacks PB can detect are old ones that have been reported, studied, and transformed into a system that PB can detect. When this happens, hackers create new code that does not use the same methods to allow you to hack therefore PB can no longer detect it. This is why hackers by subscriptions to a hack, so that they can download the updated version of the hack once it has been detected.

Now that you know that PB is just a way of catching old hacks, its safe to assume that ANYONE can be a hacker. I suggest that everyone go to youtube and watch videos of hacks. This way, you can see the behaviour of a hacker. Being an ex-hacker myself, it is very easy for me to notice someone exhibiting hacker behaviour. Once I see this, I am almost always alarmed. However, most of you have never experimented or dabbled with hacks so you don't know what to look for. Please PLEASE go to youtube and watch hacks, not just CoD but ALL hacks because all hackers act the exact same if they are hacking, no matter what the game.

I hope this helps a lot to improve admin ability.

EDIT: How to check GUIDs: If you have rcon, all you have to do it load the player list on Punkbuster tab. On modern rcon all you have to do is copy and paste it but on Rcon tool you have to use the punkbuster tab on dialogues to copy and paste it.

All The Best,
-Mudz

Last edited by {iS}SM|Mudkipz|FM on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected a few errors.)
Back to top Go down
{iS}JA|*saint*

{iS}JA|*saint*

PostSubject: Re: How to confirm a hacker.   How to confirm a hacker. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:20 pm

All i can say is wow! i have seen custom modded crosshairs but not regular game custom crosshairs. thx for the info bout bans too cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to confirm a hacker.   How to confirm a hacker. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:40 pm

how do u check some1's GUID tho? ive never knew how? do u need rcon or what?
Back to top Go down
Mudkipz|FM

Mudkipz|FM

PostSubject: Re: How to confirm a hacker.   How to confirm a hacker. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Yes, you do need rcon to do it. I will edit my post and add that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to confirm a hacker.   How to confirm a hacker. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:43 pm

Yes u need rcon for it,

You can check GUID'z.

But you have to be an Streaming Admin to view All the GUID'z

not all guid'z are available for viewing.

@ Mudie,

Nice job. mate
Back to top Go down
{iS}SmKsnipers
Button
Button
{iS}SmKsnipers

PostSubject: {iS}smksnipers   How to confirm a hacker. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:37 am

higley appreciated, alot of info here Smile thanks alot, help tonns of server players with rcon power

bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to confirm a hacker.   How to confirm a hacker. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to confirm a hacker.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
i-Snipe Forums :: General Discussion :: Anything about CoD4 :: How to.-
Jump to: